5 common problems with Garage Doors
Your garage is supposed to prevent trouble by keeping your car safe from the elements but sometimes garages have problems of their own. Garage doors won’t open, refuses to lock or is aged and warped. Here’s how to solve garage door predicaments with our Garage Door repair tips;
The door is stuck shut
- This can be the result of a broken cable, bent track or worn springs
The door opens slower than usual
- This can be caused by a broken spring that needs replacing
The door squeaks as it opens and closes
- It’s most likely that the rollers and bearings need to be lubricated
Your door won’t close fully – It partly closes before going back up
- Something is obstructing your automatic opener, preventing the door from closing completely
- The Cables need replacing
- The track is bent and needs replacing
- Or the springs are worn
No matter what you do your door won’t open or close
- There may be a problem with the keypad or the programming, but first, try replacing the batteries in the remote control if you have an automatic opener.
Some repairs you can make yourself, however, we advise getting an expert who is fully trained and equipped to assist you and make any necessary repairs safely and efficiently. Here at Access Garage Doors we provide a full garage door repair service. Call the team or contact us to arrange a member of our team to advise you and repair your door.
To help prevent garage door problems test that your garage door working, checking the springs, rollers, spindles, cables and track. Wipe down the tracks, preferably with a microfiber cloth to prevent lint from being left behind. Also, make sure to keep all the metal moving parts lubricated. However, do not lubricate plastic parts. If you are having issues with your garage door call our friendly team on 0800 – 716569 who will be able to provide more detailed advice and send a member of our garage door repairs team to assist you.